Comprehensive Sander Kit
This kit provides everything necessary to confidently assess a wide belt sander’s components, diagnose problems, and adjust the sander for optimum performance.
The kit consists of a handbook and a special measuring tool.
This book was written about Widebelt Sanders by a widebelt sander technician. It addresses all the common issues associated with a widebelt sander. The following is just a small list of items covered in the book:
- Components of the sander
- Conveyor Belts – type of materials, replacement procedures, adjusting the conveyor, dressing the conveyor
- Contact Drums – types of drums, adjusting of drums, dressing the drum.
- Segmented platens – theory of operation, adjustment, troubleshooting.
- Polishing Platens – Function, adjusting of platen.
- Shoes – Function of shoes, adjusting of shoes.
- Pinch Rollers – Function of pinch rollers, adjusting of pinch rollers.
- Abrasive belt tracking systems – Theory of operation, troubleshooting, adjusting.
- Abrasive belt tension systems – Function of, adjusting.
- Load meters – Theory of operation, using meters in operation.
- Abrasive belt selection tips.
- Wood removal guide.
- Alignment diagrams.
- Alignment procedures and log charts.
- Finishing Problems troubleshooting guide.